HP is a renowned printer manufacturer, known for delivering the best quality printing and scanning services to its users. If you have an HP printer, you can seamlessly print and scan the documents using the device. There are numerous HP printer models present in the market, out of which you can pick the one that suits your personal or professional printing requirements. The HP printers deliver great outcomes, however, just like any other printing device, the users may encounter technical trouble with equipment from time to time. One of the most common issues faced by HP printer users is the HP printer not printing color.
It doesn’t matter with the HP printer model you are using, sometimes, the technical trouble is hard to avoid, and the only solution to the problem is troubleshooting. So, if your HP printer not printing color, keep reading the post and all of the step-by-step guides to resolve the error. Most commonly, the printer does not print color document problems encountered by the users on their inkjet or laser printer. This guide will provide you with an easy solution to fix the error so you can continue printing the color documents using your HP device.
Why HP Printer Won’t Print Color?
Well, there can be several possible reasons due to which the HP printer won’t print color. Below we have listed all the common reasons that may cause the error on your device. Read out the provided information carefully, and proceed further to troubleshoot the problem.
- You may have disabled the color printing feature on your device.
- The HP print cartridges my PC running low or empty and not letting you print the colored documents.
- The dirty Ink cartridges and printhead can be the reason.
- Outdated or corrupted printer drivers are the main cause of the trouble.
- Incompatible or faulty Ink cartridges and paper.
- Incorrect printer settings.
- Clogged printheads.
So these are the most common reasons due to which you may encounter an “HP printer not printing colors correctly” error on the device. Now that you know the possible reasons, let’s proceed further with the troubleshooting steps to fix the problem.
My HP Printer is Not Printing Color. How Do I troubleshoot it?
Here is what you can do to troubleshoot the “My HP Printer is Not Printing Color” error on your HP printing device.
1. Check The Printer Cartridges
For this, you must open the printer’s front cover and pull out the print cartridges. Check the Ink cartridges, make sure they have not crossed the expiry date. If your ink cartridge is running out of ink, or faulty, you need to purchase a new one to troubleshoot the problem. Make sure that you go for the one recommended by your printer manufacturer. If you are still facing the ‘HP printer not printing color’ problem on your device, proceed with the next troubleshooting step to fix the error.
2. Clean The Printhead
The dirty printhead is another most common reason due to which the user is unable to take the colored printouts using their HP printer. To clean the printhead, you can proceed with the steps below.
- Press and hold the power button on your printer, and, press the resume button six-time together while holding the button.
- After that, release the power button. The device will start cleaning the printhead.
- Try to take the printout of any document. If your HP printer not printing color now, also, you need to repeat the step above. But, rather than pressing the resume button six-time, you need to press it five times for moderate cleaning.
- If this does not help you to fix the problem, you need to replace the print heads with new ones and install them again.
3. Enable Printer Color Command To Fix The Error
Have a look at the default commands that your printing device is following at the movement. After this, you need to enable the color option (in case the option is disabled) to troubleshoot the HP printer that won’t print color errors on your device. Here are the instructions you need to follow to do the task.
- Open the start menu on your computer.
- Go to the settings.
- From here, you need to click on the ‘Printers’ option.
- Now right click on the ‘ printer system’ icon.
- Go to the ‘Properties’ section.
- From here, you need to click on the ‘ printing preferences’ option.
- Tap on the ‘ paper/ quality tab. Click on the color option.
- Hit the ok button.
- Exit from the page.
- Now print a test page to make sure that your device is printing the colored documents.
As an alternative, you can also check and make sure that the greyscale printing option has been disabled for your device.
4. Check Your Printer Settings
The incorrect printer setting is the another most common reason due to which users encounter ‘HP printer won’t print color’ error on their device. So you need to check the printer setting to fix the problem.
- Open the start menu on your computer.
- Go to the settings option.
- From here, click on the devices.
- Now, right-click on your printer.
- Go to the properties option.
- Click on the printing preferences.
- Click on the ‘ paper\ quality’ option.
- Choose the color option.
- Hit the ok button.
5. Reinstall Printer Drivers
The outdated and corrupted printer drivers can also cause the ‘HP printer not printing colors’ correctly on your device. If you want to fix the error, you need to uninstall the previously downloaded drivers from your system and re-install the latest drivers on your device. It is recommended to visit the HP official website to download the latest drivers on your device.
- On your computer open any web browser.
- Visit the HP official website.
- On the HP website, go to the driver support section.
- Click on the search bar and look for the drivers by typing your printer model number.
- Make sure that you enter the correct information to avoid any technical hassle.
- From the result list appearing, Tap on the option to download the drivers.
- Once the drivers are downloaded on your computer, open the exe file and proceed with the driver installation on your device.
This will help you to resolve the issue and continue printing documents without any hassle.
HP Officejet Not Printing Color Documents. How to fix it?
The HP printer users often come with a query that their HP OfficeJet printer is not printing the color documents. If you are also using the HP OfficeJet printer, and facing the same trouble, the first thing you need to make sure that you are using the genuine HP ink and toner supply for the device. Always go for the one recommended by your printer manufacturer. Not using the genuine Ink cartridges can always cause an ‘HP printer not printing color’ error on the device.
Another thing you need to take care of is that your ink is not smeared on the reverse of printouts. You can use the automated tool to fix this problem. Here is what you can do.
- Make sure that you have loaded paper in the printer properly.
- Always use the paper recommended by the printer manufacturer.
- Open the control panel.
- Click on the setup option.
- Click on the tools.
- Select ‘ clean page smears. The device will start feeding a Blank Page slowly.
- Wait until your printing device ejects blank pages.
- Print the test page and your problem will be resolved.
HP Deskjet Printer Not Printing Color Correctly. How to fix it.
The HP printer not printing color correctly can be caused by several reasons. To troubleshoot the error, make sure that you use the genuine ink cartridge. Also, check the estimated level of ink on your device. Do not forget to replace the empty or low cartridges. This will surely help you to fix the error and you can continue printing the documents. You can also run the window troubleshooter on your device to fix the common printer errors so you can continue printing the documents.
Get The Expert Help
All the above steps will help you to troubleshoot the HP printer not printing color problems on your HP device, and let you print the colored documents without any hassle. But, if you are still unable to print the color document using your HP printer, there must be some serious technical issue with the device that is not letting you continue printing the documents.
If you want to resolve the issue, you must get expert help from the HP printer support team. The support team includes highly qualified and well-trained professionals that can help you to find the best possible solution to the problem after finding the root cause behind it. You can call the printer experts at any time of the day, and get help. In case you cannot make a call instantly, you can leave an email message to the professionals regarding the time you are available to connect and the problem, also get in touch with the experts through live chat assistance.