Being a regular user of HP Printer, you might come across loads of annoying technical glitches including the most common HP Printer In Error State issue. You will be informed through an error message popping up on a computer that your printer is in an error state. Such a problematic situation you may confront when there are having issues with your printer itself or maybe it happens because of other possible reasons. In this guide, we have explained so without wasting your precious time let’s read the post.
Reasons Behind HP Printer In Error State Issue
Let’s first figure out the actual cause for the occurrence of A Printer In Error State problem. The real cause will lead you to quickly and effort-freely resolve the problematic printer error. In the below, we have listed some of the possible factors that could be responsible for the problem printer in an error state. Check-out them:
- The printer may not properly connect to the computer system.
- HP Printer might be not set as default.
- When the Printer is Offline, this could also be the one reason.
- Low paper or ink can also trigger this problem.
- If the paper is jammed in the printer.
- Maybe it happens due to Bluetooth and wired connection problems.
- Sometimes it arises due to driver issues.
Prolific Solutions To Fix HP Printer In Error State Problem
In order to get your printer free from error state in an effortless manner, you simply have to search for some effective troubleshooting guides. We have compiled fruitful fixation in different methods or you can say several techniques. The only thing you should do is to give it full try to all of them one-by-one until your printer goes out from the error state. Let’s begin:
Solution 1: Check and Ensure “Use Printer Offline” Is Not Selected
If it is a tick-mark behind the statement ‘Use Printer Offline’, then this means your printer is in an Offline state. This is the reason why you are continuously receiving HP Printer In Error State issue while printing. Therefore, let’s check the status first and if it is really selected, give an instant click on the check-box to de-select the option. Here is how:
- Navigate to the Windows Search bar and open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Select the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- After doing so the list of printers will be displayed. You will have to choose HP Printer from the given list and then give a right-click it.
- In the next step, you will see the option “Use Printer Offline”. Make sure it is not selected.
Once you have performed these steps in the given sequence, your printer may turn back online. Now you won’t receive the Printer In Error State message. But if the printer is still in the error state, simply apply the next fixing guide.
Solution 2: Make Sure Your Printer Is Set As “Default Printer”
If your HP printer is showing in an error state, then it means your printer might not be set in default mode. Set it as Default Printer by following instructions:
- Give a click on the “Start” button on your Windows Desktop, then type in “Run” to invoke the dialog box.
- In the next step, type “Control Panel” and press the “OK” tab.
- From the control panel, select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Thereafter, navigate to the displayed HP printer from the given-list of printers and then give a right-click on it.
- Next, select the option stating “Set as Default Printer” from the list.
- After doing so a Green checkmark will appear on your HP printer icon, signaling that your printer is finally set as default.
Now, you can print anything. In case your HP Printer Is In Error State yet, jump to the next fixing guide.
Solution 3: Give a Glimpse of Printer Spooler Services
Make sure the Printer Spooler Service is in running state and is selected in Automatic mode. Here is what you should perform for it-
- First, open the Windows search bar on your desktop screen and open the ‘Run’ dialog box
- Now, in the search box type ‘services.msc’.
- Then, scroll down to search for the ‘Printer Spooler’ option and ensure it is ‘running’.
- Thereafter place a double hit on the Print Spooler option to ensure that spooler services are set in ‘Automatic mode’. If services are set to ‘Manual’ mode, select the ‘Automatic’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Now click the “Apply” and “OK” tab to save the changes.
- Thereafter, go to the “Recovery” tab and from the ‘First failure’ option select “Restart the Service”.
- Now click the “Apply” button to save the settings that have been recently changed.
Now print a test page to check your printer is still in an error state or it has rectified completely. If the same error still persists, jump to the next fixing guide.
Solution 4: Make Sure The Print Spooler Files Are Cleared
You can do this by following the below-noted steps:
- On your system first navigate to Local Disk (C) > Windows > System32 > Spool > Printers.
- Now you can see so many files inside the printer folder. You are actually required to delete all of them simultaneously.
- Now go to the location Local Disk(C) > Windows > System32 > Spool > Drivers > w32x86.
- Delete all files from the folder ‘w32x86’.
- Again go to the ‘Spooler Service’ option and click on the ‘Restart’ button again. This will restart the print spooler in the finest way.
Your HP Printer is now ready to deliver quality printouts. If the Printer In Error State is yet displaying, jump to the next fixing guide.
Solution 5: Reinstall Printer Driver
You are also recommended to check-out the driver installed against your printer on the Windows system. As if the driver is outdated, faulty, or incompatible with your Windows PC, then also you can face HP Printer In Error State issue. So, let’s follow the beneath guidance to instantly reinstall the printer driver to fix the driver issues:
- First and forecast, remove the installed HP Printer Driver from your system.
- Next, download and install the correct driver for your printer model. You can get the latest version of the printer driver from the HP official site. Get the HP Printer Driver via the following:
- First, open the Control Panel section on your Window and then give a single click on the “Devices and Printers” option. Now, select the ‘Add A Local Printer’ option and press the Next button. Follow the on-screen prompted procedures in an appropriate manner. This will search for the latest printer driver and start installing it on the PC automatically.
- Alternatively, you can directly give access to the official HP website and enter your correct printer model number. Then, download the drivers by just clicking on the “Download” button.
- Additionally downloads the HP smart app on your Windows PC as this application helps the users to install the printer driver smoothly. The HP Smart App is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Finally, after the successful installation of the HP Printer driver, you will see the status of your printer online with a green checkmark.
- Now your printer is ready to use.
Solution 6: Check Your Printer Connection
When you receive the HP Printer In Error State message during print-job, it is best to implement simple and less-time consuming troubleshooting methods. Here are the things have to go through:
- Check your primary network connection setup between your printer and computer if the connection is established through Wi-Fi.
- Check your power and a network cable for a wired connection. Ensure that no cable is defective and the network connection is working flawlessly.
- In the end, restart your computer and check if the error message has gone or yet exists.
Solution 7: Advanced Troubleshooting Guide
Here are some additional troubleshooting steps helping you effectively to quick-resolve HP Printer In Error State:
- First of all, check your printer by printing documents for whether it is working abruptly or not. If it is not working fluently, then there would be a high chance of the possibility that your printer is experiencing a hardware printer problem. However, you can get your printer replaced if it is in warranty period because hardware problem is very tough to eradicate.
- Next, disconnect the power cable from the printer.
- Hold the printer Power button continuously for at least 15 seconds.
- Make sure that you connect the printer directly to the wall outlet.
- Afterward, reconnect the power cable and press the Power button from the wall outlet and press the Power button on the printer as well in a consecutive manner.
- In the next step, you are suggested to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software to detect the problematic issue with the printer driver. You can find this software directly on HP’s official website.
Solution 8: Confirm The Printer Hardware
The problem having with printer hardware could trigger A Printer In Error State issue. That’s why; you should check the printer hardware for any technical error. Make sure everything is working fine. Give a brief look at below once:
- The wire should be well-connected in between the devices.
- HP Printer must not be in “Sleep Mode”.
- The Printer Ink Cartridge should be filled till the top.
- Sufficient paper should be loaded in the input tray.
- Check your printer for any paper jam issue.
Get One-Stop HP Printer Support 24/7 Online For Printer In Error State
Are you still unable to get rid of HP Printer In Error State problem? None of the aforementioned solutions worked-out in solving the printer in error state problem? Don’t worry! We provide 24/7 online HP Printer Support at a reasonable cost. You only feel free to reach us anytime from anywhere. You will definitely get quality assistance from one of our talented and extra-ordinary tech-geeks. Contact us as fast as you can and take your printer out from the error state in just a second.