Being a regular user of HP Printer, you might come across loads of annoying technical glitches including the most common HP Printer In Error State issue. You will be informed through an error message popping up on a computer that your printer is in an error state. Such a problematic situation you may confront when there are having issues with your printer itself or maybe it happens because of other possible reasons. In this guide, we have explained so without wasting your precious time let’s read the post.
Why is my HP Printer in an Error State Issue occurs?
Let’s first figure out the actual cause for the occurrence of the HP Printer In Error State problem. The real cause will lead you to quickly and effort-freely resolve the problematic printer error. Below, we have listed some of the possible factors that could be responsible for the problem printer being in an error state. Check-out them:
- The printer may not properly connect to the computer system.
- HP Printer might be not set as default.
- When the Printer is Offline, this could also be the one reason.
- Low paper or ink can also trigger this problem.
- If the paper is jammed in the printer.
- Maybe it happens due to Bluetooth and wired connection problems.
- Sometimes it arises due to driver issues.
Best Solutions To Fix HP Printer In Error State Problem
In order to get your printer free from error state in an effortless manner, you simply have to search for some effective troubleshooting guides. We have compiled fruitful fixation in different methods or you can say several techniques. The only thing you should do is to give it full try all of them one by one until your printer goes out from the error state. Let’s begin:
Solution 1: Check and Ensure “Use Printer Offline” Is Not Selected
If it is a tick-mark behind the statement ‘Use Printer Offline’, then this means your printer is in an Offline state. This is the reason why you are continuously receiving HP Printer In Error State issues while printing. Therefore, let’s check the status first and if it is really selected, give an instant click on the check-box to de-select the option. Here is how:
- Navigate to the Windows Search bar and open the ‘Run dialog box.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box and hit the ‘Enter key.
- Select the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- After doing so the list of printers will be displayed. You will have to choose HP Printer from the given list and then give a right-click it.
- In the next step, you will see the option “Use Printer Offline”. Make sure it is not selected.
Once you have performed these steps in the given sequence, your printer may turn back online. Now you won’t receive the Printer In Error State message. But if the printer is still in the error state, simply apply the next fixing guide.
Solution 2: Make Sure Your Printer Is Set As “Default Printer”
If your HP printer is showing in an error state, then it means your printer might not be set in default mode. Set it as Default Printer by following instructions:
- Give a click on the “Start” button on your Windows Desktop, then type in “Run” to invoke the dialog box.
- In the next step, type “Control Panel” and press the “OK” tab.
- From the control panel, select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Thereafter, navigate to the displayed HP printer from the given list of printers and then give a right-click on it.
- Next, select the option stating “Set as Default Printer” from the list.
- After doing so a Green checkmark will appear on your HP printer icon, signaling that your printer is finally set as default.
Now, you can print anything. In case your HP Printer Is In Error State yet, jump to the next fixing guide.
Solution 3: Give a Glimpse of Printer Spooler Services
Make sure the Printer Spooler Service is in running state and is selected in Automatic mode. Here is what you should perform for it-
- First, open the Windows search bar on your desktop screen and open the Run dialog box
- Now, in the search box type ‘services.msc’.
- Then, scroll down to search for the ‘Printer Spooler’ option and ensure it is ‘running’.
- Thereafter place a double hit on the Print Spooler option to ensure that spooler services are set in ‘Automatic mode’. Select the ‘Automatic’ option from the drop-down menu if services are set to’ Manual’ mode.
- Now click the “Apply” and “OK” tab to save the changes.
- Thereafter, go to the “Recovery” tab and from the ‘First failure’ option select “Restart the Service”.
- Now click the “Apply” button to save the settings that have been recently changed.
Now print a test page to check if your printer is still in an error state or it has been rectified completely. If the same error still persists, jump to the next fixing guide.
Solution 4: Make Sure The Print Spooler Files Are Cleared
You can do this by following the below-noted steps:
- On your system first navigate to Local Disk (C) > Windows > System32 > Spool > Printers.
- Now you can see so many files inside the printer folder. You are actually required to delete all of them simultaneously.
- Now go to the location Local Disk(C) > Windows > System32 > Spool > Drivers > w32x86.
- Delete all files from the folder ‘w32x86’.
- Again go to the ‘Spooler Service’ option and click on the ‘Restart’ button again. This will restart the print spooler in the finest way.
Your HP Printer is now ready to deliver quality printouts. If HP Printer In Error State is yet displaying, jump to the next fixing guide.
Solution 5: Reinstall HP Printer Driver to solve Error State
We also recommend that you check the printer drivers installed on your Windows system. If the driver is out of date, buggy, or incompatible with your Windows PC, you may also experience an HP printer in error state condition issues. So, let’s follow the beneath guidance to instantly reinstall the printer driver to fix the driver issues:
- First and forecast, remove the installed HP Printer Driver from your system.
- Next, download and install the correct driver for your printer model. You can get the latest version of the printer driver from the HP official site. Get the HP Printer Driver via the following:
- First, open the Control Panel section on your Window and then give a single click on the “Devices and Printers” option. Now, select the ‘Add A Local Printer’ option and press the Next button. Follow the on-screen prompted procedures in an appropriate manner. This will search for the latest printer driver and start installing it on the PC automatically.
- Alternatively, you can directly give access to the official HP website and enter your correct printer model number. Then, download the drivers by just clicking on the “Download” button.
- Additionally, download the HP smart app on your Windows PC as this application helps the users to install the printer driver smoothly. The HP Smart App is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Finally, after the successful installation of the HP Printer driver, you will see the status of your printer online with a green checkmark.
- Now your hp printer is ready to use and is out of an error state.
Solution 6: Check Your Printer Connection
When you receive the HP Printer In Error State message during print-job, it is best to implement simple and less-time consuming troubleshooting methods. Here are the things have to go through:
- Check your power and a network cable for a wired connection. Ensure that no cable is defective and the network connection is working flawlessly.
- In the end, restart your computer and check if the error message has gone or yet exists.
Solution 7: Advanced Troubleshooting Guide
Here are some additional troubleshooting steps to help you effectively quick-resolve HP Printer In Error State:
- First of all, check your printer by printing documents for whether it is working abruptly or not. If it is not working fluently, then there would be a high chance of the possibility that your printer is experiencing a hardware printer problem. However, you can get your printer replaced if it is in a warranty period because hardware problem is very tough to eradicate.
- Next, disconnect the power cable from the printer.
- Hold the printer Power button continuously for at least 15 seconds.
Solution 8: Confirm The HP Printer Hardware to resolve Error State
The problem with printer hardware could trigger HP Printer In Error State issue. That’s why; you should check the printer hardware for any technical errors. Make sure everything is working fine. Give a brief look at the below once:
- The wire should be well-connected between the devices.
- HP Printer must not be in “Sleep Mode”.
- The printer ink cartridge must be filled to the top.
24/7 Online HP Printer Support
Are you still unable to get rid of HP Printer In Error State problem? None of the aforementioned solutions worked out in solving the printer in error state problem? Don’t worry! We provide 24/7 online HP Printer Support at a reasonable cost. You only feel free to reach us anytime from anywhere. You will definitely get quality assistance from one of our talented and extraordinary tech geeks. Contact us as fast as you can and take your printer out of the error state in just a second.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to set the printer in default mode to fix the HP printer in an error state?
To rectify the HP printer in an error state, navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ and select ‘Devices and Printers.’ Then navigate to your specific HP printer from the given list. Right-tap on it and choose ‘Set as default printer.’
What’s an easy way to fix an HP printer in an error state?
You can fix the HP printer in an error state easily by opening the ‘Run’ dialogue box. Now, input ‘Control Panel’ and tap ‘OK.’ Choose ‘Devices and Printers.’ Right-click on your printer and uncheck ‘Use printer offline.’
How do install drivers for fixing the problem of the HP printer in an error state?
To rectify the HP printer in an error state, you should install the drivers. Go to ‘Devices and Printers’ and tap ‘Add a local printer.’ Tap ‘Next.’ Alternatively, enter your printer model on the HP website and download the drivers.
What to do on finding an HP printer in an error state?
For troubleshooting the HP printer in an error state, take away the power cable from the printing device while it’s still on. Keep pressing and holding the printer’s power button for around 15 seconds. Reconnect the power cable.
Which software can resolve the problem of the HP printer in an error state?
You can efficiently fix your HP printer in an error state by downloading the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Download it from the official HP website. It will detect and fix the issue in a short period.