You are in need of some urgent document to print, but when you start print-job unfortunately your HP Printer Is Offline. Has this ever happened to you? If you really have received this error message, it can be frustrating as the printer that is offline won’t receive new print jobs and process them to deliver high-quality printouts. This is a very serious problem and has to be resolved as soon as possible. Let’s not send any supplementary print requests to your offline printer until got become success in bringing it back. In case there are print jobs stuck in the print queue, you are highly recommended to first cancel them until your printer is being Online. In this guide, you will learn on how to get your printer working again quickly with some simple astounding tricks and techniques. Hence, glimpse of the noted information!
Basic Reasons For HP Printer Offline Error
There could be several reasons responsible for Why is My HP Printer Offline error problem. Some of the possible reasons might be the following:
- Outdated drivers against your printer are installed on computer
- Communication gap between PC and Printer
- Connectivity issue can also lead to same problem
- A settings error can also trigger printer offline problem
Each of these reasons has a different specified resolution process. Take a brief look to learn more!
Productive Solutions To Fix HP Printer Offline Problem
We compile here numerous potential solutions to get back your printer Online from HP Printer Offline. It is not necessary to continue following all the fixing steps. After you solve the problem stop moving ahead to the next solving instructed lines. Simplest fixes are listed underneath as they require least effort and less technical knowledge. So, give a glance in the below:
Solution 1: Run HP Print and Scan Doctor
Here are the things you need to perform:
- Use the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” application to identify Why is My HP Printer Offline and solve the error.
- To obtain this app, first of all you have to visit the official site and then download its special version to quickly resolve Offline issue.
- After you download HPPSdr.exe, give a click on it from the downloaded location and then after run the application.
- If you are prompted, choose “Yes” to verify the file source as it comes directly from the HP tech support team
- Click “Start” button and select your printer
- If your printer is not listed, restart your printer, then click “Retry” in the Print and Scan Doctor application
- The application will identify the connection issues. Follow the on-screen prompts and click “Yes” if asked to turn on printer updates
- Continue through the prompts and click “Yes” if asked to make this printer the default printer
Once the printer status changed from “Offline” to “Online”, the printer will start working. In case the HP Printer Is Offline yet, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Set The Printer As Default
Follow the provided instructions if you really want your printer set as default. The following steps are only provided for Windows 10 users. So before start make sure you have downloaded and installed all of the available updates for the Windows 10 operating system.
- First you have to open Windows search box and enter “Devices” into the field
- Then after, Select Printers & scanners
- Ensure that the check-box next to “Let Windows manage my default printer” is unchecked. If it is selected, give a single tap on the box to unselect
- Choose your printer from the opened list
- If your printer is listed multiple times, select the version that is showing an idle or online status
- Click Manage
- Finally, Click Set as default
Now try printing again to check whether HP Printer Offline has become online. If your device still displays an offline status, jump to the next solving guide.
Solution 3: Verify Your Printer Port And Windows Services Status
In the next resolution, you have to confirm about your printer that it uses a WSD port. Here is how to check it:
- To determine this, open Windows search box or ask Cortana for Control Panel and click “View devices and printers”
- Next, place a right-click on your printer and select “Printer Properties” tab
- Click the Ports tab and see if your printer uses a WSD port
If the printer really uses WSD, go through the following steps otherwise skip the below instructions:
- Search Windows or ask Cortana for “Services”
- Scroll down the cursor to find “Function Discovery Provider Host” and “Function Discovery Resource Publication” from the given list
- Check the Status and Startup type columns
- If they are running and the startup type is automatic, go to the next step
- If the blank screen is shown with a manual startup type, right-click the name and select “Properties”
- Change the startup type to Automatic
- Then, click Start under the service status and press “OK” button
- Go back to the Device and Printers section and press “F5” key
- Click your printer name and check the status
- If it is online, great! Your issue has been resolved. But if yet showing Offline, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Check Your Connection
Depending on how your printer is connected to your computer, you may have various other reasons of Why is My HP Printer Offline problem still appear. If you use a USB cord to connect, make sure that it is securely in place. If the issue persists, consider using a different USB cord. But, in case you use a wireless network to connect to your printer, follow the beneath steps accordingly:
- Restart your printer by turning it off first, waiting almost 10 seconds, and disconnecting the power cord from your printer
- Then, turn off your operating system
- Connect the printer power cord to the printer appropriately and turn the printer back ON
- Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router
- Wait 10 seconds before reconnecting it
- It may take a couple of minutes for your internet to come back on
- When it does, power on your computer
- Using the HP wireless setup wizard or the HP Smart software, connect your printer directly to your network
- Print a wireless report to check what connectivity issues may still exist
- Find this report in the Network settings or the Wireless menu of your printer
Avail 24/7 Online Support Service For Quality Assistance
Isn’t the provided information enough for you to convert From HP Printer Offline To Online? If really not, don’t panic! Your time will never be wastage. There is still having great chance to obtain quality assistance from our deft connoisseurs. Simply dial HP Support Number and stay connected with us. For sure, you will be able to all set for printing anything without any disruption. Hence, let us handle your problem!