You are in need of some urgent document to print, but when you start print-job unfortunately your HP Printer Is Offline. Has this ever happened to you? If you really have received this error message, it can be frustrating as the printer that is offline won’t receive new print jobs and process them to deliver high-quality printouts. This is a very serious problem and has to be resolved as soon as possible. Let’s not send any supplementary print requests to your offline printer until got becomes successful in bringing it back. In case there are print jobs stuck in the print queue, you are highly recommended to first cancel them until your printer is being Online. In this guide, you will learn how to get your printer working again quickly with some simple astounding tricks and techniques. Hence, a glimpse of the noted information!
Basic Reasons For HP Printer Offline Error
There could be several reasons responsible for Why is My HP Printer Offline error problem. Some of the possible reasons might be the following:
- Outdated drivers against your printer are installed on the computer
- The communication gap between PC and Printer
- Connectivity issues can also lead to the same problem
- A settings error can also trigger a printer offline problem
Each of these reasons has a different specified resolution process. Take a brief look to learn more!
Productive Solutions To Fix HP Printer Offline Problem
We compile here numerous potential solutions to get back your printer Online from HP Printer Offline. It is not necessary to continue following all the fixing steps. After you solve the problem stop moving ahead to the next solving instructed lines. The simplest fixes are listed underneath as they require the least effort and less technical knowledge. So, give a glance at the below:
Solution 1: Run HP Print and Scan Doctor
Here are the things you need to perform:
- Use the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” application to identify the Why is My HP Printer is Offline and solve the error.
- To obtain this app, first of all, you have to visit the official site and then download its special version to quickly resolve the Offline issue.
- After you download HPPSdr.exe, give a click on it from the downloaded location and then run the application.
- If you are prompted, choose “Yes” to verify the file source as it comes directly from the HP tech support team
- Click the “Start” button and select your printer
- If your printer is not listed, restart your printer, then click “Retry” in the Print and Scan Doctor application
- The application will identify the connection issues. Follow the on-screen prompts and click “Yes” if asked to turn on printer updates
- Continue through the prompts and click “Yes” if asked to make this printer the default printer
Once the printer status is changed from “Offline” to “Online”, the printer will start working. In case the HP Printer Is Offline yet, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Set The Printer As Default
Follow the provided instructions if you really want your printer set as default. The following steps are only provided for Windows 10 users. So before start make sure you have downloaded and installed all of the available updates for the Windows 10 operating system.
- First, you have to open the Windows search box and enter “Devices” into the field
- Then, Select Printers & scanners
- Ensure that the check-box next to “Let Windows manage my default printer” is unchecked. If it is selected, give a single tap on the box to unselect
- Choose your printer from the opened list
- If your printer is listed multiple times, select the version that is showing an idle or online status
- Click Manage
- Finally, click Set as default
Now try printing again to check whether HP Printer Offline has become online. If your device still displays an offline status, jump to the next solving guide.
Solution 3: Verify Your Printer Port And Windows Services Status
In the next resolution, you have to confirm about your printer that it uses a WSD port. Here is how to check it:
- To determine this, open the Windows search box or ask Cortana for Control Panel and click “View devices and printers”
- Next, place a right-click on your printer and select the “Printer Properties” tab
- Click the Ports tab and see if your printer uses a WSD port
If the printer really uses WSD, go through the following steps otherwise skip the below instructions:
- Search Windows or ask Cortana for “Services”
- Scroll down the cursor to find “Function Discovery Provider Host” and “Function Discovery Resource Publication” from the given list
- Check the Status and Startup type columns
- If they are running and the startup type is automatic, go to the next step
- If the blank screen is shown with a manual startup type, right-click the name and select “Properties”
- Change the startup type to Automatic
- Then, click Start under the service status and press the “OK” button
- Go back to the Device and Printers section and press the “F5” key
- Click your printer name and check the status
- If it is online, great! Your issue has been resolved. But if yet showing Offline, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Check Your Connection
Depending on how your printer is connected to your computer, you may have various other reasons Why is My HP Printer Offline problem still appear. If you use a USB cord to connect, make sure that it is securely in place. If the issue persists, consider using a different USB cord. But, in case you use a wireless network to connect to your printer, follow the beneath steps accordingly:
- Restart your printer by turning it off first, waiting almost 10 seconds, and disconnecting the power cord from your printer
- Then, turn off your operating system
- Connect the printer power cord to the printer appropriately and turn the printer back ON
- Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router
- Wait 10 seconds before reconnecting it
- It may take a couple of minutes for your internet to come back on
- When it does, power on your computer
- Using the HP wireless setup wizard or the HP Smart software, connect your printer directly to your network
- Print a wireless report to check what connectivity issues may still exist
- Find this report in the Network settings or the Wireless menu of your printer
Avail 24/7 Online Support Service For Quality Assistance
Isn’t the provided information enough for you to convert From HP Printer Offline To Online? If really not, don’t panic! Your time will never be wasted. There is still having great chance to obtain quality assistance from our deft connoisseurs. Simply dial the HP Support Number and stay connected with us. For sure, you will be able to be all set for printing anything without any disruption. Hence, let us handle your problem!
How Do I Change Status From HP Printer Offline To Online?
You can change the printer’s status from HP Printer Offline to online by un-checking the check-box saying ‘Use Printer Offline.’ If your printer says offline yet during printing, then this time ensure that HP Printer is selected as the default printer.
Why Is HP Printer Offline Showing?
If the statement ‘Use Printer Offline’ is selected on Windows PC, then chances are high for getting HP Printer Offline. When the USB cable is not properly plugged in, then also your printer shows offline while you print something.
HP Printer Offline: How To Bring It Online Back?
You can bring your HP Printer Offline to Online back simply by the following tips:
- Checking the printer connection.
- Restarting the printer and computer.
- Checking the printer ink cartridges and toner cartridges.
- Removing the tick-mark to the check-box ‘Use Printer Offline.’
Why Am I Facing HP Printer Offline Issue?
There are numerous reasons due to which you come across HP Printer Offline problematic issue. Some of the most common are listed below:
- Outdated or corrupted printer driver.
- If the Printer can’t communicate with your operating device.
- When your printer’s setting is set in ‘Use Printer offline’ mode.
How To Get Back My Printer Online From HP Printer Offline?
When you select Set as Default Printer for your HP Printer, your HP Printer Offline will turn back to online. But if it doesn’t work, make sure no print job is stuck in the print queue.
What Should I Do If My HP Printer Offline?
When you are seeing the HP Printer Offline error message, immediately download the free official HP Print and Scan Doctor. It is automated diagnostic software helpful for eradicating all annoying as well as common printing problems.