Connecting to HP Printer can be tricky if you’re not technically sound. Yes, why should you be? But making a secure connection with the OS is essential. It is difficult to establish a strong printer connection on your Windows Desktop. There could be various reasons behind that. With these below-mentioned guides, you can connect to and printer anywhere with zero hassles.
Here in this tutorial, we have the right solution for you:
Why There Is A Need To Find WPS PIN on HP Printer?
Discussing WPS PIN, this stands for Wi-fi protected set up personal identification number utilized for wireless connection. It comprises 8- a digit number generated by an HP printer for establishing a secure connection with routers.
A security pin is essential when it comes to making connections between wireless devices for making the router faster and smoother.
Additionally, WPS works for wireless networks using that password. Basically, the password is encrypted with WPA2 Personal or WPA Personal security protocols.
Types Of WPS Connections For HP Printer
If you are an HP Printer user, then you can find either of the below WPS Connection options:
- WPS Push Button (Printer without a display screen.)
- WPS PIN (Printer with a display screen.)
Methods To Use WPS Pin On HP Printer
For all HP printers, WPS PIN helps to connect the device to Windows PC. You can’t even think of printing until and unless your printer is well-connected to your system.
Now, Also, you can’t print until and unless your printer is well-connected to your computer system. So, through WPS, you can establish a wireless connection.
Here’s how to find and use WPS Pin On HP Printer.
Method 1: Connect Your HP Printer Via WPS Push Button
If you’re using an HP printer without a screen or control panel, you can use this method to connect your printer to the computer.
- First, ensure your printer is in the ON state, you can restart it before going to the next step
- Now check the wireless button or Icon.
- If your printer is OFF, first turn it ON, Or simply press the Wireless Button on the printer.
- After pressing the button, you will notice that a Blue or Green Light starts flashing.
- Go to your “wireless Router”.
- Now, turn your router back where you will find a WPS Button.
- Press and hold that WPS button for around 3-4 sec.
- Once the router gets active, the WPS light will be blinking on the router itself.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes; both the lights on the printer and Router will stop blinking.
Your HP printer is wirelessly connected to the computer and you can give printer commands from everywhere.
If you have an HP Printer with a screen or Control Panel, then go through the following steps:
- First, power on the HP printer. If it is already ON, restart it before executing the next step.
- Now, go to the control panel of your HP Printer or look at its screen.
- Press the Wireless or Settings Button.
- Finally, you will notice that the BLUE light starts blinking.
- On the display of your printer, you will see “Wi-Fi Protected Setup“.
- Navigate to “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and select “Push Button”.
- Now, follow the instructions on the printer screen.
- Thereafter, select the “WPS Button” option. After doing it’ll prompt to press the “WPS button on the wireless router”.
- After pressing the Push button on the router, go to the printer for a wireless connection, and click “Continue”.
- Now, the wireless connection is established wirelessly and the HP printer is full-on ready to use.
Method 2: Connect Your HP Printer Via WPS PIN
If you’re curious to know accurate guidelines for finding WPS PIN on HP Printer and using it for wireless connection:
- If your HP Printer is not already ON, turn it on first.
- Then, go to the HP Printer control panel and press the “Wireless Button”.
- Now, the Wireless Blue light will start blinking.
- On the printer screen, you will see the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” option.
- Navigate “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and select “WPS PIN”.
- Now, a WPS Pin will be automatically generated by your HP Printer.
- Remember, this pin will only be available on the screen just for 8-10 sec, After that, it will disappear. So, if the pin doesn’t work or you can’t get it during this specific time, try to re-generate the code.
- Thereafter, enter that 8-digit WPS pin for your HP printer on the computer screen.
- Congratulation! Your HP Printer is now successfully connected wirelessly to your Windows 10 PC.
- The printer is all set to deliver quality printouts from anywhere.
Get round-the-clock HP Printer Support For Additional Info :
We expect that you are able to find out the WPS Pin On HP Printer using the mentioned guidelines. If by any chance you face some technical glitches, We are here with our talented pool of tech specialists (HP Printer Support) to help you. You can call the given helpline number and stay connected till the problem is resolved.