You cannot print anything from your HP Printer until and unless your printer connects to the operating device. For making a strong printer connection on your Windows Desktop, you need to first find out WPS Pin On HP Printer. It is a security code efficacious for establishing a wireless connection. Though, when you enter WPS PIN in the required field while connecting the devices, you are eligible to print wirelessly. There will be no requirement of using a wire for connecting your printer to your device. With this advanced function, you can connect and print from anywhere.
Why Need To Find WPS PIN on HP Printer?
The WPS PIN is the acronym of Wi-Fi Protected Setup Personal Identification Number which is purposely been utilized for wireless connection. It contains an 8-digit number which is generated by an HP Printer for making a direct connection with routers. In a professional word, it is a standard network security code. The security pin helps you to establish connections between wireless devices and a router faster and smoother. Additionally, WPS works for wireless networks only that use a password. Though, basically, the password is encrypted with WPA2 Personal or WPA Personal security protocols.
Types Of WPS Connections For HP Printer
If you are an HP Printer user, then you can find either of the below WPS Connection options:
- WPS Push Button (Printer without a display screen.)
- WPS PIN (Printer with a display screen.)
Methods To Use WPS Pin On HP Printer
For all HP Printer, WPS PIN is highly required as it helps to connect the device to Windows PC. It is also true that you can’t print until and unless your printer is well-connected to your computer system. So, through WPS, you can establish a wireless connection. Here’s how to find and use WPS Pin On HP Printer.
Method 1: Connect Your HP Printer Via WPS Push Button
If you have an HP Printer without a screen or control panel, use this method to connect your printer to a computer:
- If your printer is OFF, first turn it ON. Or if the printer is already ON, then restart it before implementing the next step.
- Now, give a glance at the printer where you will find a wireless button or Icon.
- Once you find the same, simply press the Wireless Button on the printer.
- After pressing the button, you will notice that a Blue or Green Light starts flashing.
- Go to your “wireless Router”.
- Now, turn your router back where you will find a WPS Button.
- Press and Hold that WPS button for around 3-4 sec.
- Once the router gets active, the WPS light will be blinking on the router itself.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes; both the lights on the printer and Router will stop blinking.
- Now, Your HP printer is been wirelessly connected to the computer and is ready to print from anywhere.
If you have an HP Printer with a screen or Control Panel, then go through the below-noted easy steps:
- First, power on the HP printer. If it is already ON, restart it before executing the next step.
- Now, go to the control panel of your HP Printer or look at its screen.
- Press the Wireless or Settings Button.
- Now, you will notice that the BLUE light starts blinking.
- On the display of your printer, you will find the option “Wi-Fi Protected Setup“.
- Navigate to “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and select “Push Button”.
- Now, follow the instructions that appeared on the printer screen.
- Afterward, select the “WPS Button” option. After doing so, you will be prompted to press the “WPS button the wireless router”.
- After pressing the Push button on the router, go to the printer and for a wireless connection, click “Continue”.
- Now, the connection has been established wirelessly and the HP printer is full-on ready to use.
Method 2: Connect Your HP Printer Via WPS PIN
Here’s the accurate guideline for finding WPS PIN on HP Printer and using it for wireless connection:
- If your HP Printer is not already ON, turn it on first.
- Then, go to the HP Printer control panel and press the “Wireless Button”.
- Now, the Wireless Blue light will start blinking.
- On the printer screen, you will see the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” option.
- Navigate “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and select “WPS PIN”.
- Now, a WPS Pin will be automatically generated by your HP Printer.
- Remember, this pin will only be available on the screen just for 8-10 sec, after that, it will be disappeared. So, if the pin doesn’t work or you can’t get it during this specific time, try to re-generate the code.
- Thereafter, enter that 8-digit WPS pin for your HP printer on the computer screen.
- Congratulation! Your HP Printer is now been successfully connected wirelessly with your Windows 10 PC.
- The printer is all set to deliver quality printouts from anywhere.
Obtain 24/7 HP Printer Support For Additional Info
We just hope that you are able to find out the WPS Pin On HP Printer using the above informative guidance. If, in case, you face a couple of technical glitches while connecting your printer wirelessly to Windows 10, don’t panic! We, the extremely talented tech specialists are active round the clock at HP Printer Support to assist you. You can call us anytime at the given helpline number and stay connected till your problem gets solved.