Brother Printer Troubleshooting: There could be a number of reasons behind the errors that you face while using the Brother Printer. However, there is nothing to worry about as Brother Printer troubleshooting is here to assist you. Some common issues happen to be:
- Brother Printer Installations 0x00000020 Error Code
- Brother Printer won’t print
- Unable to scan
- Unable to clean
- Paper jam issues
- The printer has not been set as default
We will be sharing specific Brother Printer troubleshooting for your convenience.
Troubleshooting Brother Printer Errors
Brother Printer Not Responding Problem
This issue normally takes place when the Brother Printer is not able to communicate with the operating system.
You can try the steps mentioned below for Brother Printer troubleshooting:
- Reset the system and try a print operation
- If the signal strength is low then keep the printer within the range of the router
- To see the signal strength, print the network settings sheet and then try the steps to fix the Brother printer not printing issue
- You will also face this issue when the printer is not able to communicate with the network router
- Turn off the printer and the router and then switch them on after a couple of seconds to reinstate the connection
- You can also try to restrict the firewall software as it might be delaying the communication between the system and the printer
- Make sure that the printer and the system are using the same Wi-fi connection or else it might be the culprit
2. Brother Printer Printing Blank pages
- If your Brother printer is printing blank pages then you need to check if the ink cartridges are compatible with the printer or not for Brother Printer troubleshooting
- Ensure that the printer has not been placed on a hot surface
- Clean the printhead to solve the Brother printer, not printing or Brother printer printing blank pages problem
- Visit ‘My computer’ on the system, open the control panel, and then click on ‘devices and printers’
- Right-click on the printer and then choose ‘properties’
- Ensure that the right device settings have been chosen
- Select ‘preferences’ and go to ‘services’ then choose ‘clean printhead’
- Follow the steps that we have shared till the printhead has been clean completely
- See whether this issue has been corrected or not
3. Printer is not printing
- Ensure that your printer is connected to the power plug in a proper manner for Brother Printer troubleshooting
- Click on the ‘On’ button for a couple of seconds and once it switches on you can start with the troubleshooting procedure
- If the power lamp twinkles then don’t proceed till it stays on regularly
- If you have connected the printer to the system with a USB cable then make sure that it has been plugged appropriately to fix the Brother printer, not printing issue.
- You should also check whether the cable is compatible or not
- If you are using a wireless connection then you need to check that both the printer and the system are connected to one WIFI network
- Make sure that the input tray has been open
- If you are using it with your PC then you should cancel all the print jobs
- The print will happen only if the Brother printer has been set as default or chosen as the one to print
- See that the print port has been configured properly to fix the Brother printer not printing issue
4. Brother Printer Not Printing Black
This typically happens when the nozzles get blocked. You can clean them to fix the Brother printer not printing black issue by following the steps:
- First of all, ensure that you have sheets in the input tray for Brother Printer troubleshooting
- Pull up the paper output tray and the extension
- Begin with the cleaning process by clicking on the setup button on the panel of the printer
- Click on the ‘tools’ and then choose ‘Maintenance’
- Choose ‘Ok’ and then tap the deep cleaning option and click on ‘Ok’
- Wait till the process is done and it might take about 4-5 minutes
- Click on ‘ok’ when you see the pattern print confirmation box
- See if there is enough ink and try printing
5. Troubleshooting For Wirelessly/Wifi Printer
- First of all, you should restart the printer, laptop as well as wireless router for Brother Printer troubleshooting
- Turn on the printer and leave it like that for about 8-10 seconds
- Remove the power cable from the backside of the printer to fix the Brother printer not printing wirelessly issue.
- Switch off the system and then try reconnecting the cables and then turn it back on
- Turn on your system and then take out a print to see if the issue has been fixed
- You can also try to eliminate the printing jobs and clear the file before you try again
- Make sure that the latest driver has been downloaded and if it is corrupted then you can uninstall it and then reinstall it.
The experts will assist you to the best of their knowledge and skills.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Brother printer troubleshooting to fix the printer in an error state?
The easiest way to fix the Brother Printer in error state problem is to restart your computer. Another Brother printer troubleshooting method is to check the internet connectivity. You can also update or reinstall the printer drivers.
How to do Brother printer troubleshoot for reset drum problem?
You can conduct a Brother printer troubleshoot to fix the drum problem by opening the printer’s front cover. Keep pressing and holding the OK button. Press the 1 key. Now, close the printer’s front cover.
What is Brother printer troubleshooting for fixing the print quality?
Brother printer troubleshooting for this problem begins by pressing the ink management key on the printer. Select ‘Test print’ and hit ‘Set.’ Select the print quality. Press the color start. Find the print quality in the test sheet.
What Brother printer troubleshooting for offline messages?
There are various troubleshooting techniques for the Brother printer offline problem. Ensure that the printer is connected to your system. It should be set as the default printer. Delete all print jobs from ‘Devices and Printers.’
What are Brother printer troubleshooting tips for paper jam?
Brother printer troubleshooting for paper jam can be done by opening the front cover and leaving the machine idle for ten minutes. Pull out the drum unit, cartridge assembly, and paper tray. Now, pull out the jammed paper.