Brother Printers are very sensitive devices that are affordable and also easy to operate in a way of printing. One can get quality printouts with this printing machine. However, sometime because of varying conditions, Brother Printer Offline error message appears all of sudden during print-job. This is usually be happened by connectivity problem or power supply issue. The printer may get offline only when there is little deviation in the power supply. Only a few tweak will Bring an Offline Brother Printer Online. So, don’t worry! If your printer says offline while printing anything as it has built-in feature as well for toggling between Online/Offline Mode. In this guide, you will learn about the possible causes for its appearance and effective solutions to fix the printer offline issue. Therefore, utilize your precious time by our instructed lines. Here, you will be walked through the entire possible solutions, so let’s begin!
Reasons For Receiving Brother Printer Offline Error Issue
Check-out the points noted down to know the reasons behind Brother Printer Offline:
- Printer is not well-connected to the computer
- Brother Printer may not set as a Default printer
- Printer status in the devices is set to Offline Mode
- Not using an appropriate or real driver for your Brother printer
- Driver outdated problem can also lead to same offline issue
- Wi-Fi connectivity issue
- Antivirus and Firewall settings problem
- Dynamic IP Address
It is not tough task to get a Brother Printer Online back and hence print again hassle-freely. But if you have less technical knowledge, then there is possibility that you get failure in converting an Offline Brother Printer Online. At that point of time, you may feel helpless and start wandering for assistance. So, we have collected some fruitful solutions to instantly resolve this problem. Let’s give a glance!
Efficacious Solutions To Fix Brother Printer Offline Issue
To turn your offline printer back online, we have listed essential instructions underneath. So, without any delay, follow them accordingly:
Solution 1: Use Dynamic IP Address Instead Of Static One
One of the major causes of getting Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 issue is using a dynamic IP addresses rather than the static one. However, if your printer uses default port settings, let’s change it with the help of below steps:
- Click the Windows logo button from the lower left corner of the Window screen
- Type “Control Panel” into the search box and then give a click on the option opened
- Go to “Devices and Printers”, look for the printer’s icon and give right-click
- Select “Printer Properties” from the menu
- Click the “Ports” tab
- There you can see one of the ports checked. This is the one your printer is currently using. By default the printer generally uses “Standard TCP/IP Port”
- Select that port and ensure you don’t uncheck it
- Now click the “Configure Port…” tab
- In the fields mention “Port Name” and “Printer Name or IP Address”. Enter the IP address your system uses on this network
- Before saving these settings just make sure the option “SNMP Status Enabled” is not checked
- Now, click “OK” button to confirm your changes
So, if the dynamic IP address was the reason for Brother Printer Offline, then printer will definitely turn online from offline. If yet the same problem persist, jump to the next solution.
Solution 2: Uncheck “Use Printer Offline”
Another possible cause for printer being offline is the status “Use Printer Offline” checked in Microsoft Windows 10. This is the feature allows you to prepare your documents for printing and get the printouts instantly. Here is how to change the printer’s status:
- Open the “Devices and Printers” menu as described above
- Right-click on your printer’s icon
- Click “See what’s printing” tab
- Select the “Printer” tab from the top menu
- Uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” option if it is marked as tick
Fortunately, this is simple guide to sort out Brother Printer Offline. Try another solution method in case it also doesn’t effective for bringing printer online back.
Solution 3: Disable Antivirus And Firewall Settings
For securely access your computer, you may use Antivirus program. Unfortunately, certain communications between a computer and printer could appear as a threat and hence the installed antivirus software doesn’t permit to complete the printing task. In such condition, you simply have to turn Antivirus or Firewall software off for a while and then continue printing. This time, you can print without showing an Offline error message.
If your printer still appears offline, go ahead with the next solution.
Solution 4: Update Brother Printer Driver
Another common cause of occurrence Brother Printer Offline is faulty printer drivers. Of course an outdated driver prevents you from using your printer. Hence, it is quite important to make your driver up-to-date. However, to install the fresh driver for your printer, you have to visit the official Brother Printer Support page and hence download the drivers for your printer.
Contact Tech-Experts To Fix Brother Printer Offline Windows 10
Hopefully, one of afore-mentioned solutions method solved your Brother Printer Offline issue. If none of them helpful in a way to get offline printer online back, it’s the best to contact the customer support team to avail the relevant and effective advice. With their guidance you will be able to get rid of printer offline issue in a limited time period. Therefore, make a call at Brother Customer Service Number and stay tuned!