The Brother company offers printing devices that fulfill the needs of various small businesses. Their printers are appropriate for home, small office, and family use. The company mainly focuses on laser printers which aid in maximizing page yields and are best for printing forms. But upon continued usage, users frequently encounter the Brother printer drum error message. It is usually shown if the drum unit’s corona wire requires to be cleaned. Are you also facing this problem and are seeking a solution for it? If so, then you’ve landed at the right place. In this guide, you’ll get to know effective fixes to resolve this problem.
What is a Brother Printer Drum Unit?
Many models of Brother laser printers have different drum units and toner. The drum unit is not integrated into the toner. Thus, it should be replaced. Different drum units last for a large amount of time as compared to a toner cartridge. They should usually be replaced upon the usage of three to four toners.
Typically, the printer will alert you when the time comes for the drum replacement. However, you can also find if your drum is about to finish when lines across the page or black spots start to appear.
What Causes the Brother Printer Drum Error Message?
There are two kinds of Brother Printer Drum Errors. The first is the Brother printer drum error slide green tab. The next one is the Brother printer drum error slide blue tab. On your Brother printer’s screen, any of these errors can appear. Some possible causes for the drum error include:
- Dirty or damaged corona wire.
- Drum contact and the metal rods may be dirty.
- Drum life is expired.
- Faulty fitment and drum setting.
How to Remove the Brother Printer Drum Error Message?
You can follow certain steps to get rid of the Brother printer replace drum error. They are given below.
- Wipe the corona wires from the drum’s all four colors.
- Use the recessed handle, which you can see in the center, for lifting the top cover. Raise it till you hear a click sound.
- The top cover should be entirely open before you try to install or remove consumables. If this cover isn’t entirely open, you will find removing or installing consumables quite challenging.
- Now, take the drum’s center and toner cartridge assembly. Pull it up to take away the toner cartridge assemblies and the four drums. Ensure to put the parts on disposable paper. It will minimize the chances of the toner from spreading or spilling.
- On every part, find the green tab. You can see it at the top left. Gently, slide away from the green slider on the right and left side a few times for cleaning the image drum’s primary corona wire.
- Prior to reinstalling the parts on the device, ensure to put the green tab to its starting position. If you don’t restore it to the original position, you may find the appearance of vertical stripes on the page that you print.
Reinstall Image Drum and Toner Container to Remove Brother Printer Drum Error
This is the next part of the Brother printer drum error troubleshooting process. You need to perform this process on all four toner sets.
- Reinstall your image drum and toner container. Do it by sliding the toner container and image drum into your unit. Here, check that the toner container’s color matches the label on your device.
- Next, close your machine’s top cover. You’ll hear a loud noise on the cover that is completely closed.
- If you find this Brother printer in error state message still appearing and the printer is still under the warranty period, find an authorized Brother Service Centre at your place.
- When the problem persists and the printer drum signals for a replacement, reset the counter. But upon noticing the deteriorated quality of printed documents, don’t waste any time replacing the image drum.
How to Reset the Image Drum Counter?
You need to reset the image drum counter whenever you replace the old drum with a new one. Do it by adhering to these steps.
- Go to ‘Menu’ and then ‘Machine Information.’
- Then go to the ‘Reset menu.’
- Tap the up or down key for selecting the image drum’s color that you desire to replace. Press ‘OK.’
- Press ‘1’ for resetting the drum counter.
- Next, press ‘Stop/Exit.’
The steps, when executed properly, are very much likely to fix the problem of the Brother printer not printing.
Reset the printer drum error light
It is another way to troubleshoot this error. Follow the steps below.
- Open the printer’s door.
- Hit the button of ‘GO’ for turning the drum, toner, ready, error lights.
- Close the printer’s door.
Install the Windows Updates
You can resolve the Brother printer offline problem by installing all the updates available for your Windows. Follow the steps below for it.
- Navigate to the ‘Start menu and input ‘Update.’
- Enable ‘Check for Updates.’
- Your device will start updating the drivers automatically. Once this process is completed, you should restart your system and see if the error persists.
Tips to Keep in Mind for Not Getting the Drum Error
You can take care of certain things to ensure that you do not get this error message. Read about them below.
- While resetting, always reset your drum unit. Don’t reset the toner unit.
- Make use of the toner cartridges and drum unit of your manufacturer. They are of better quality.
- Don’t use a non-Brother ink cartridge.
- Pre-set your device’s temperature that should be matched with the toner formulation.
Now you can easily remove the Brother Printer Drum Error. Wipe the corona wires from all four colors of the drum. Then reinstall the image drum and toner container. Follow the steps properly for resetting the image drum counter. If you need any extra help and support during this process, feel free to connect with the Brother printer customer support at any time.