Canon printer not responding problem can occur due to poor printer or network connection, corrupted drivers, damaged USB port or cable, and other such issues. Due to this issue, your printer might not respond to any command or even display a “printer not responding” message on the control panel.
Want to get rid of your printer not responding issue? Don’t worry! You’ve got help. In this blog, you’ll find the solutions to troubleshoot the printer not responding issue. Let’s not waste any time and get done with it right away.
Check The Following
Whenever you face any sort of issue with your Canon printer, it is wise to check the following things before jumping to the troubleshooting part:
- Is your Canon printer on and in a ready state?
- Check the printer connection with the device.
- Check if the USB cable connecting the printer and computer is working.
- In the case of a wireless printer, check if the router is working properly.
Canon Printer Not Responding – Fixes
If your Canon printer is not responding, then you should try working on the fixes mentioned below. Follow the solutions below one by one until your issue is resolved.
1.Try This Basic Troubleshooting
Start by checking your printer connection. If your printer is connected with a USB cable then, do the following:
- First of all, check the USB cable. It should be inserted in the port properly and in working condition.
- Make sure the USB is connected directly to your computer. Avoid using USB Hub at all costs.
- Try switching the USB port and see if it makes any changes.
- Try connecting the printer using another USB cable that’s working fine.
For wireless Canon Printer:
- Check your wireless router and modem for any issues.
- Make sure your network connection is up and stable.
- Check the network connection status. Your printer should be connected to the network properly.
- If your printer is utilizing a wired connection, try reconnecting or replacing the network cable.
- Try reconnecting your printer to the network to fix any temporary issues. Refer to the product manual for help.
For printers with Bluetooth connection:
- Keep your computer close to your PC.
- Avoid any interruptions in the Bluetooth connection by connecting the printer to your PC via Bluetooth once again.
- Try to repair the printer with a PC. You can refer to the printer manual for any help.
2. Use The Windows Built-In Troubleshooter
Run the Windows troubleshooter to diagnose and fix any issue with your Canon printer. Follow the steps below to know-how:
- Click on the Windows logo from the left bottom.
- Enter Troubleshoot in the search bar.
- Open the Troubleshoot or Troubleshooting option from the search results.
- If you are using Windows 10, then select Printer. Next click on Run the troubleshooter.
- If you are running Windows 7, then select the Use a Printer option.
- Continue with the instructions on your screen to finish troubleshooting your Canon printer.
Check whether your “Canon printer not responding” issue is resolved or not. If not then continue with the next solution.
3. Restart the Print Spooler To Fix Canon Printer Not Responding
Print spooler service is responsible for managing your print jobs and also handles the communication between your PC and printer. If the print spooler service is not responding or is paused, your printer might not print or respond as well.
Resetting the print spooler can fix your “Printer not responding” problem in this case. Follow the steps below to know how to reset the print spooler.
- Press the Windows + R keys together from your keyboard to open the Run box.
Enter services.msc and then hit Enter.
- When the Services window opens, navigate to the Print Spooler option.
- Click on the Print Spooler and select Restart.
Now check if you can print from your Canon printer.
4.Correct The Printer Port Settings
Another reason that can cause your Canon printer not responding problem is an issue with your printer port settings. To verify and correct the port settings for your printer, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, Press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run program.
- Now, Enter “control” in the given space and then hit the Enter key.
- Make sure to select the Large icons option under View by.
- Select Devices and Printers and then navigate to your printer option.
- Right-click on your Canon printer and select Printer properties.
- Select Change properties and go to the Port tab.
- In the port settings, check your printer name. Check the description. It should read USB or DOT4 in case of a USB connection.
- In case your printer is connected to the computer using a wireless network, then the description field should read “WSD”, “IP”, or “network”.
- Make changes accordingly if the settings are not correct and then hit Apply.
- Go to the General tab and select the Print Test Page option.
- Tally the printer port settings from the test page. If the settings are still not corrected, then repeat the procedure.
Try printing to see if the issue is resolved. otherwise, continue with the next solution.
5. Run Windows Updates To Fix Canon Printer Not Responding
Installing the latest Windows updates fixes many issues with the computer and might as well fix your Canon printer not responding problem. Follow the steps below to install Windows updates.
Select the Start button and open Settings.
- Go to Update and Security and select the Check for Updates button.
- If you see any pending updates, just install them by following the on-screen prompts.
- Your computer will restart automatically once the updates are installed and you can try printing again.
- Continue to this last solution, in case you are still facing the “Canon printer not responding” problem.
6. Update Canon Printer Drivers
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting methods above and still facing the same problem, then the last resort is to update the printer drivers. You can download the latest Canon printer drivers from the Canon Support website.
- After downloading the drivers, enter the Device in the Windows search bar.
- Open Device Manager and then find your Canon printer.
- Right-click on your printer option and go to the Advanced tab.
- Click on the New Driver button.
- Now, browse to the location where the Canon driver is saved.
- Click on the downloaded driver file.
- Your Canon printer drivers will get updated.
Now, you can try printing again to check if the Canon printer not responding issue is fixed.
Choose The Easy Way Fix Your Canon Printer Not Responding
Tried all the above solutions but somehow still not able to fix your printer? You’re not alone. . Canon printer customer support can help you get to the root cause of your problem and fix your printer in a blink of an eye. You can give us a call and discuss your issue over call anytime.