Canon printers share remarkable printing computers with their users. Every Canon printer model comes with unique features and extraordinary functions. After purchasing a Canon printer, a user needs to connect it with the home network to enjoy a wireless printing experience. Yes! Gone are the days when users needed to connect hard wires to their devices for printing documents. At present, you just need to complete the Canon Wireless printer setup for the device, and you will be all set to print the documents wirelessly using devices connected to the network. In this post, we share some simple instructions and guidelines that can help you set up the Canon printer for WiFi printing at your home and office.
How to Setup the Canon wireless printer?
You can establish a successful connection between your Canon printer and WiFi network using the WPS method. Before you set up the device, check and make sure that your WiFi router has the WPS button.
Also, your WiFi router must have WPA or WPA2 security protocol enabled. Here are the easy steps to follow:
- Hit the power button to turn on your printer.
- Also, turn on the Wi-Fi router using the WPS button.
- Visit the ” printer home” page with the help of a touch screen.
- Press & hold the “WiFi” button.
- Choose ‘LAN Wireless Setup’, hit the “Ok” button.
- Your device now starts looking for the access point of the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, select the “WiFi” network.
- Tap the “WiFi Access point” and provide the WPA key.
- Type the “WiFi” password & hit the “Ok” button.
- It will take a while to establish a successful connection between your printer and the Wi-Fi access point.
- Your Canon printer and that also will connect at this point automatically.
Once you are done with the Canon wireless printer set-up, the “WiFi” and “Power” lights will stop flashing, and remain lit.
So, these are some simple steps that can help you to establish a successful connection between your Canon printer and Wi-Fi. Now, you are ready to print the documents using any Wi-Fi device connected to the same network and supports printing features. Just make sure that you follow the instructions step by step carefully to avoid any technical hassle in between the process. Once you are done you can begin to enjoy the smooth and seamless Wi-Fi printing experience with Canon.
Canon Printer Wireless setup for Windows
Are you struggling to complete the Canon Wireless printer setup for your Windows device? Below are easy instructions to help you to do the task without trouble:
- Firstly, connect the Canon printer to Wi-Fi.
- Visit the Canon official website to download the appropriate printer drivers for your device. The drivers must be compatible with your system.
- Once downloaded to drivers, double click on the download file to complete the installation.
- After this, press the ” Windows + R” key together using the keyboard. The Run box will open up on your screen.
- In the Run box, type ” control/ name Microsoft. devices and printers”.
- Hit the “Ok” button.
- The ” devices and printers” folder will show up on your screen.
- Click the ” add a printer” button.
Proceed further to complete the process. Once you are done, hit the “Ok” button. Your printer wireless set-up is completed. Now, you are all set to print the documents wirelessly whenever you want using a Windows computer.
Important: If Canon wireless printer set-up is not working for your PC or laptop, you can connect it using a USB connection. Make sure that you properly connect a printer and computer with a USB cable. After that, you can visit the official website for drivers to complete the Canon wireless printer setup.
Canon Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
To set up the Canon wireless printer on your Mac device, you need to proceed with the step-by-step instructions mentioned below:
- Turn on the Canon printer on the Mac computer.
- Connect a Canon printer to the Wi-Fi network following the instructions discussed in the first section.
- Visit the Canon official website and download the latest drivers available for the device.
- Now, go to the “Apple” menu. Choose the ” system and preferences” option.
- From here, choose the “printers and scanners” option.
- Tap the “+” sign option for adding your printer.
- The pop-up menu will appear on your screen. Choose ” Canon printer and tap “Add”.
- Once you have successfully ordered the printer, you will be able to see its name on the left side of your screen.
Your Canon wireless printer setup is completed here for the Mac device. Proceed next and print a test page to make sure that everything is fine.
How to Print after completing Canon wireless printer setup?
Once you have successfully completed the Canon wireless printer setup, it becomes easier to print the documents than ever before. Here are the step-by-step instructions you can follow to do so:
- Turn on the Canon printer.
- Open the page you would like to print.
- Choose your ” printer”.
- Choose the ” wireless printer” option.
- You can modify the printer settings as per your preferences.
- Choose the ” Print” option.
So, these are some simple steps that can help you to complete the Canon wireless printer setup for Windows and Mac devices. Just make sure that you have an active and working Wi-Fi connection for printing the wireless documents. Also, your printer and computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi for Wi-Fi printing.
We hope that these simple steps will help you to complete the setup without any trouble. However, if you are still having trouble completing the WiFi setup for the Windows or Mac device, you can contact the Canon customer support team for expert help. The highly experienced technicians are available 24/7 to help the users facing trouble with their Canon devices. You can call the experts and find the best solution to your problem right away. If you’re not comfortable making a call, you can leave a message or email to share your query. The experts will get back to you in the shortest possible time with a highly reliable solution to fix the problem.