Bought a new Canon Printer and wondering how to get started with it? You’ve come to the right place. In this blog, we will help you set up your Canon Wireless Printer through various methods in an easy way. Once you’ll go through the guide, you will find out how easy it is to set up a Canon wireless printer. If you are in a hurry and want to get done with the Canon Wireless Printer setup right away or if you are facing any issue with your printer, you can also contact our Canon Printer Support experts right away. You just need to dial our helpline and tell us your issue, rest we’ll manage and deliver.
Canon Wireless Printer Setup Procedure
Connecting a wireless printer to your computer can seem like too much work at first. However, if you’ll follow the Canon wireless printer setup procedure mentioned in this guide, then you wouldn’t find it that complicated. Besides, it’s a pleasure printing from a printer without actually having to connect your device using USB cables or ethernet, isn’t it? Once, you will connect your device to your Canon printer, you can then send printing tasks to your machine from anywhere.
The Easiest Way To Setup Canon Printer Wirelessly
There are various ways to establish a wireless connection between the Canon printer and your computer or smartphone. However, this one is the easiest of all. All you need is to download the Canon PRINT App on your device, let it be MacBook, Windows PC, iPhone, or Android phone. The next step is to press the wireless button on your printer and follow the instructions on your printer and computer screen.
You can download the Canon Printer app from the respective app stores of your device or from the Canon printer website. If using an Android device, search for the app on the Play store, and iPhone, or iPad, you can find the app on the App store. To download the utility on your Windows or macOS device, visit the Canon printer website.
Once, done with the Canon wireless printer setup, you can easily print anything, any image, document, or webpage using the Canon PRINT app easily.
Standard Method To Connect Canon Printer Wirelessly
Use this method only if your WiFi doesn’t support WPS. Below we have mentioned steps to connect the Canon printer to both Windows and macOS devices.
Configure Network Settings
- First of all, you need to connect your computer to the Canon printer.
- Now load papers into the printer input tray.
- Press and hold the Cancel button on your printer machine for a few seconds. Alternatively, you can also press the resume button.
- When the information page gets printed, check the connection status as well as the network name on the page.
Before You Proceed Further:
- Make sure that your Canon printer is turned on and connected. You would need an ethernet cable for a wired connection.
- Install the latest printer drivers for your device or update them if already installed.
- Connect the printer to the internet network. If you have WiFi, connect both your printer as well as device to the same WiFi.
Steps To Connect Your Canon Printer Wirelessly To Windows
Use the steps below to connect your Windows device to the Canon printer for a smooth Canon wireless printer setup.
- First of all, turn on your Canon Printer and then press the Start button on your keyboard
- Go to Settings and open the Devices tab.
- Click on the Printer and Scanners option and click to Add your Canon printer.
- Once the printer is added in the list, you need to connect your device to the same network as the printer.
That’s all. Your printer must be connected to your Windows device by now. To confirm, you can try printing something from your Windows device and see if that works.
Steps To Connect the Canon Printer To Your Mac OS Device
Follow the below steps if you are trying to connect your Mac device to the Canon wireless printer.
- Open your MacBook and go to System Preferences.
- Click on the Printers and Scanners option and select the plus icon to add your new Canon printer to it.
- In the case of WiFi/Router, connect both your printer and device to the same network.
- Yes, that’s it. Your device is not connected to the Canon printer and you can go on printing with it.
If you are facing any issue with the Canon wireless printer setup after trying the above methods, then contact our Canon Customer service experts for assistance. Our printer experts will help you with your printer setup and resolve any errors or issues that come in the way.