Canon Printer Troubleshooting Guide: In this article, you will find Canon printer troubleshooting steps for common Canon printer issues. If you are facing any issues with your printer, go through this guide to fix your Canon printer in easy steps.
Printers have been making our lives easier for decades. They have evolved from printing one page in a few minutes to thousands of pages a minute. These are essential business equipment. Today every organization runs digitally but a printer still has its place in home and offices to print a hardcopy of the work done.
Canon is a famous name in manufacturing professional cameras and printing devices and it offers a quality product. Still, it is a machine and it can break down. Either it is a basic printer or the higher variant, both can get some technical issues.
When you face a technical issue with a printer, the best thing you can do to get in touch with an expert tech specialist. They will provide you assistance with your canon printer troubleshooting so that you can get rid of all the problems immediately. You can take help from the guides and can examine and solve the issues with your Canon printer.
Canon Printer Troubleshooting Steps For Printer Issues
The printer not connecting
- Check for the specific green light indicator in your Canon Printer, Does it blinks in a specific pattern? Lookup up the manual for the corresponding error code. Follow the instructions in the manual guide to get it fixed. Continue with Canon printer troubleshooting if it doesn’t display an error.
- Check if the printer is connected properly to the power supply. If the printer is connected to the system via Bluetooth or WiFi( in the case of wireless printers). Also, check if any paper has stuck inside the printer.
- If your printer is not recognized by the system or not responding, Power off followed by restarting the system and printer. Try adding the printer manually with the system by accessing the “Control Panel” followed by the “Printer and Faxes” option. Check if your printer is showing in the list. Follow on-screen instructions to reconnect the printer to the system.
- Sometimes the printer does not work due to driver issues. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Canon Printer software. In that case, you need to download the printer driver for that specific model of the printer from the official website of Canon. Once the drivers are reinstalled the issue must be fixed.
- Open “Properties” is Canon printer software and click on options, click on “clear print heads/test alignment”. Check if the page has been printed properly.
Canon printer Troubleshooting For Slow Printing
It is the most commonly occurring issue in a printer. One of the causes behind this is the setting to print high-quality output. High-quality printing takes a bit more time than normal and can result in slow printing. You can overcome this issue by lowering the print quality in settings. You can also remove the images before printing web pages. It will increase the printing speed and also use less ink than before.
Paper is Jammed
You will be notified by a beep tone or notification on the printer screen if a paper has got stuck while printing. In that case, turn off the printer and unplug it. Open the cover and pull it gently. Make sure the papers in the tray are in proper alignment with no folds.
This issue generally occurs due to a clogged printhead. Faded or unclear printings indicate the ink ran short or dried. It is a clear indication to refill the cartridge with new ink and make sure to print two three sample pages to overcome the issue of black printing because of an excessive spill of ink.
Sometimes the printer stops printing in the middle of printing a page. This happens usually while printing a heavy graphic photo. The printer software seems unable to process that graphic intense data. The printing gets resumed once data is processed once again.
Also overheating of the parts of the printer causes sudden failure in the printing job. In these cases allow the printer to cool by turning it off.
These are some Canon printer troubleshooting methods that you can use to get fixed some minor issues with your printer. If the issue still persists, you are unable to troubleshoot the issue by yourself; immediately call the 24/7 helpline number of Canon Printer Customer Service. One of the trained professionals will further assist you to get it fixed. If that doesn’t work even, please do visit an authorized Canon printer repair service.