Canon Printer is renowned for being top-graded and delivering high-quality printouts. Like other hardware, Canon Printer has also even bugs and breakdowns at one point of time. As printers function properly while it is connecting to the system and networks. So, any kind of discrepancy in network settings and connectivity can result in showing Canon Printer Offline. The blog-post is all about to introduce why it happens usually and how to swiftly handle it to bring Canon Printer Online back. Therefore, let’s roll the ball and start learning!
Actual Reasons Why Canon Printer Is Offline
The possibilities of causing Canon Printer Is Offline error are noted underneath:
- Default printer settings
- Printer’s status is not set to Online
- A technical glitch in printer spooler can also cause Canon Printer Offlineproblem
- May the paper is jammed in the print queue
- Due to inappropriate paper feeding
- Using a faulty USB cables for connection
- Affected wi-fi router also causing ‘Offline’ error
Effective Solutions To Fix Canon Printer Is Offline Issue
The fruitful troubleshooting guides are provided here. So, despite pulling your hairs give a glance on the noted statements. All the solutions that we compiled are well-tried and tested so these methods surely work in a way to get rid of Canon Printer Offline issue. Without any delay, begin the process:
Solution 1: Check The Printer’s Connectivity
Start with analysing your printer’s wireless and wired connectivity. You can make certain checks to ensure that connection is well-established; here is the direction to check it out:
- Check the USB cables that are used to connect the devices. Avoid using long, twisted, or lose USB cables.
- Cross-check your Canon printer is added into your computer system.
- Make sure your printer is connected appropriately to your wi-fi network.
- Ensure your computer and the printer is connected to the same wi-fi network.
- Check your wireless router and modem connectivity.
If there is no network connectivity failure, you can print anything hassle-freely. But Canon Printer Is Offline yet display while print job even though confirming the connectivity, use the next solution method.
Solution 2: Restart Printer Spooler Service
A simple restarting of Printer Spooler Service can get back your canon printer online in just a couple of second. To restart the print spool, go through the below provided guidelines:
- Click the “Start” button in your Windows system and then type “service” in the search box. Then Click Services (Desktop app) from the result.
- Right-click on “Print Spooler” tab. Then tap “Restart” button
- Note:If Restart option grayed out, click Start tab instead
- Right-click on Print Spooler again and this time choose “Properties”
- After that, set it as “Startup” type to be Automatic
- Click OK to save your settings
- Restart your PC now and then try to print your file to see if the Canon Printer Offline error has solved
If still the same problem exists, continue solving it using the next solution.
Solution 3: Disable “Use Printer offline” Feature From Settings
If your Canon Printer’s status “Use Printer Offline” is enabled, then make it disable as soon as possible otherwise you won’t print anything. Here are the steps for doing this, go through them accordingly:
- Open the Windows Search box in the computer screen and enter control panel into the search box
- Give a click at “Control Panel” option from the result
- Click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers
- Under Printers section, look at the “Canon printer” option and give it a right-tap
- Afterward, choose “See what’s printing” tab
- Tap on “Printer” to see if “Use Printer Offline” status is unchecked. If it’s checked on with tick-mark, click the check-box to bring it uncheck
- Click Printer again and this time click “Cancel All Documents”
- Print a test page to check if your Canon printer works finely or still showing Canon Printer Is Offline
Move to the next fixing method if the problem unsolved.
Solution 4: Reinstall Canon Printer Software
Canon Printer Offline problem is probably being caused by outdated printer driver. The solutions above may resolve it, but if they don’t, immediate reinstall your Canon printer driver. Here we explain in detail to download and install the updated Canon Printer Driver. So, check the following points:
- Go to your Computer system “Settings” section
- Locate the “Printer & scanners” tab
- Choose your Canon printer and then give a click on it to select “Uninstall” tab
- Now, the printer driver has been removed from your system
- To install its updated version, go to the official canon printer website
- Locate the “download” section and find the right driver for your printer
- Download and install the latest printer driver
- Wait until the process completes
- Once done, Restart your printer and computer both
Luckily with the above guide, the Canon Printer Offline error will not show up again and hence your printer will get back to printing job.
Use One-Stop Canon Support For Instant Fixing Guide
In this write-up we have mentioned all the effective solutions for your Canon Printer Offline issue. The accurate implementation of the above troubleshooting guidance will convert your printer from Offline to Online in a least possible time. However, if you still face such an issue, don’t wag-off! Just contact us and take doorstep Canon Support to fix your problem. The tech-specialists who deal your problem are extra-ordinary and well-talented. So, don’t worry! With their guidance your Canon Offline Printer will surely get back to Online and hence without any barrier you can print.