How to get the Epson printer back online?
The offline issue in the Epson printer is one of the very common errors which users generally face. It occurs when your Epson printer cannot communicate with the computer or you haven’t updated the printer with the latest driver & firmware.
To fix the Epson printer offline issue you need to follow some specific set of steps that don’t require any technical expertise. Troubleshooting begins with ensuring the Epson printer & computer connection, manually switching to online, canceling the printer jobs, and reinstalling the printer drivers. Let’s begin fixing it now.
Step 1. Reconnect your Epson printer with the computer
Often, people overlook this step and jump directly to the advanced printer troubleshooting. For an apparent reason. Your printer won’t work or throw errors if it’s not properly connected to the computer. The loose wires and connections are often the real culprits causing an offline issue in the Epson printer. Please follow these basic steps to secure the connections.
- Check all the connectors.
- Press them gently to their places.
- If an offline error doesn’t resolve, disconnect the wires and reconnect them. If you hear the “nick” sound, that means you have connected the cable rightly.
- You feel the cables are not rightly connected, try replacing them with a new one.
- Your printer is showing as offline, head over to the next steps.
Step 2. Manually set your printer to online mode
At times, users don’t pay heed to manual offline settings for Epson printer on their computer. These settings are meant to operate your Epson printer when it’s not connected to the internet. However, they create an error when you are trying to print online and your printer is still offline. Here is how you can match the settings.
For Windows 7
- firstly, you will have to tap the Windows icon on your computer.
- Now you can select the Control Panel option.
- Hit over the devices and printers menu.
For Windows 8.1 and above
- If you’re having Windows 8.1 then click the Start icon and go to the settings menu.
- Here you will have to click the devices option.
- Now choose the printers and scanners menu.
- Further, scroll the list, locate your Epsonprinter’s icon, and right-click on it.
- Now click see what’s printing from the drop-down list.
- A new window opens, here click the printer tab.
- The Epson printer offline error fixes once you choose the Use Printer Online option from the list.
Step 3. Delete the pending print jobs from the queue
These pending print jobs are those which failed to print and accumulated in the print queues. They create a lot of problems if not removed from the system. Follow these steps to delete the pending print jobs.
- To remove the pending print jobs, go to the devices and printers section under the control panel.
- Now you need to right-click on the Epson printer and choose see what’s printing.
- Here, select all the print jobs, right-click and select Cancel to remove them.
- Click over the Use Printer Online option.
- Now restart your printer and computer to resolve the error. However, if your printer driver is corrupted, it won’t let your printer get back on track. The only fix would be to reinstall the printer and for that, you should head over to the next step.
Step 4. Still, facing Epson printer offline error? Reinstall the printer
Reinstalling the Epson printer resolves many issues including the offline error. You can reinstall it from the Epson printer official website using the below steps.
- Open the run dialogue box by pressing Windows and Rkeys.
- Now type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- The device manager window will pop-up. Locate the printer in the list.
- Right-click on the printer icon, click over the Epson printer icon.
- Now choose the options Uninstall.
- In the same way, go to the printers and scanner menu in the control panel.
- Click the Epson printer, and choose Remove device.
- Now navigate to the Epson printer official website, enter your printer model in the required field, and download the drivers.
- Go to the download folder, double-click the installer file to start reinstalling drivers.
Call the Epson printer experts @ support number
If you are still confused about how to eliminate the Epson printer offline, then don’t worry. We are here to fix it for you. Get in touch with our Epson Printer Customer Service experts and take our exclusive services. Our team of professionals will never disappoint you with our prompt services and accurate fixing methods. Contact us now.