Epson printers are widely regarded as the best printers on the market today. It is most likely due to the fact that these printers are moderately simple to use and effective for everyday use. For the most part, it works flawlessly, but there are a few glitches, most notably that the Epson printer not printing black. Thus, before contacting Epson Customer Support, we will investigate a portion of the causes that are likely to cause this issue, as well as some simple steps for resolving it.
Causes For Epson Printer Not Printing Black Issue
However, some of the most important reasons for this problem are listed below:
- A problem with the printer head
- The problem with printing on paper
- A problem with the printer driver
- Inappropriate source information
- Problems with the ink cartridge
Currently, we will show the Epson Customer Support-approved answers to these issues individually and exhaustively. One of these methods should assist you in resolving this problem.
To determine why your Epson printer not printing black and how to fix it, you must first conduct some research. There are some simple steps recorded for you to follow in order to troubleshoot your printer:
- Turn off your Epson printer and disconnect the printer-to-PC interface cable.
- Double-check the printer’s paper availability.
- After some time, reconnect all interfaces, such as USB links, and turn on your printer by holding down the power button.
- After turning on the printer, go to the printer settings and select print a test page to run a printer test.
- A dialogue box will appear; set the paper size and other appropriate settings in the dialogue box, then click the print test page button.
- If the issue persists and the printer is still unable to print black, check the printer ink levels to determine the ink volume in your cartridges, or follow the below-mentioned solution individually to address the issue.
SOLUTIONS FOR AN EPSON PRINTER NOT PRINTING BLACK
1)Ink cartridge problems
First and foremost, we must assess the amount of ink available in various ink cartridges. There is a chance that your ink cartridges aren’t working properly. Follow the steps below to double-check this:
- Turn on the printer and remove the ink cartridges.
- Check to see if any ink cartridges are empty or about to run out, and then top them off or replace them with new ink cartridges.
- Be cautious when inserting ink cartridges into their respective slots, and make certain that each cartridge is properly inserted into its assigned space.
- When inserting a new cartridge, make sure that the tape over the vent is properly removed.
- Keep an eye out for ink buildup in the middle of cartridge vents, as these are prone to becoming clogged. It can only be removed with the help of a pin or another sharp object.
On the off chance that your Epson Printer is not Printing black yet, Its time to see ink cartridges then there may be plausible that your printer used to work with an old cartridge, so utilize another ink cartridge and check once more if still your issues not resolved then its high time you call Epson Customer support.
Note: if the old ink cartridge can convey any kind of yield then there is a type of issue in your new ink cartridge on the off chance, your printhead should be at fault for creating Epson Printer not Printing Black error.
Note: you may have to run this component a few times as once running doesn’t guarantee legitimate cleaning of the print head. For proper instruction please make contact with the Epson Customer Support.
2)An issue with the printer driver
Printer drivers are responsible for the proper operation of your printer. If the Epson printer not printing black, it’s possible that the printer drivers aren’t properly installed, are out of date, or aren’t working as expected. To check this or to update/install new printer drivers, follow the steps below:
- Go to your computer’s settings and type “device manager” into the search bar.
- Try to locate your device in the device manager.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and click the scan button to find the most recent drivers.
- Wait for the driver update/installation to finish.
If the driver introduces himself effectively, there is a chance that the problem will be resolved. If the problem persists, try the remaining suggested solutions to solve Epson Printer not printing black.
3) The problem with paper printing
If you can’t find any of the above-mentioned issues and your Epson printer not printing black, and your printer supports two types of black ink cartridges, including color cartridges and color-based cartridges, you’ll need to change the paper settings. The type of black ink used by your printer is determined by the paper type selected in the paper settings. It ordinarily incorporates the two types of paper listed below:
- Matte paper for printing in shades of black
- Glossy paper for color printing
Note: To achieve better results, keep switching between these two paper settings as needed. For more information on these paper settings, contact Epson Customer Service.
As a result of the preceding discussion, we can conclude that there are some specific circumstances under which Epson Printer not printing black. The problem is caused by the use of obscure source information records, as well as a problem with the ink cartridge or printing head. In any case, if the problem persists, you should replace your printing device or contact Epson Customer Care.