Epson printers that come with Wi-Fi features are a cost-efficient choice for every individual and business. The company develops various printers that fulfill the requirements of most homes as well as big and small businesses. If you have an Epson printing device in your home or office, you should link it to your network. A great connection between the printer and the network makes way for its smooth and convenient functioning. If you’re searching for how to connect an Epson printer to Wi-Fi, then this guide is all you need. Follow the steps outlined below to facilitate the Wi-Fi connection for the Epson printer in Windows and Mac.
How to Connect Epson Printer to Wi-Fi on Your Mac Device?
Many people cannot find a suitable answer to their query, how to connect an Epson printer to Wi-Fi Mac even after going through the manual. But now, your query will get resolved once and forever after you read the instructions for it.
- Search for the Epson Connect printer setup utility app on your Mac and download it.
- After downloading, run it and tap ‘Continue.’
- After agreeing to the software license, tap ‘Continue.’
- Tap to install and then click ‘Agree’ to agree to all the mentioned terms and conditions.
- After the completion of the installation process, choose your product and tap ‘Next.’
- Choose ‘Printer registration.’
- You will notice a dialogue box displaying ‘Register a printer to Epson Connect.’ Tap ‘OK.’
- Now tap ‘Next’ after going through the given terms and conditions.
Now you have to choose to do one of the following:
- If you are making a new account, input the details in ‘Create an Epson account’ and tap ‘Finish.’
- If you want to register a new product, tap ‘, I already have an account.’ Then, tap ‘Close.’
- Tap ‘Activate Scan for Cloud and Remote Print’ for activating the scan for the services of cloud and print.
After your printing device gets connected with the ‘Epson Connect’, look at the settings and set your Wi-Fi in the wireless network connectivity options on the Mac device. Input the password when you get a prompt and your printer will be connected to the wireless network.
How to Connect Epson Printer to Wi-Fi on Windows?
Connecting the Epson printer to Wi-Fi on Windows isn’t technically challenging. You can connect the Epson printer to the laptop using Wi-fi.
- Visit the ‘Control Panel and go to ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Select your specific printer and tap ‘Add a Printer or Scanner.’
- Choose a printer from the displayed list.
- Double-click on its name and click ‘Set up.’
- Navigate to ‘Wifi Settings’ and then choose ‘Wifi Setup.’
- After that, select the Setup wizard.
- Click on the name of your network.
- Input the password and tap ‘Connect.’
After your printer gets connected, you will notice a wireless signal strength indicator. In case of any problems, connect with your customer care service.
The Steps for Connecting Epson Printing Device to Wi-Fi Without Screen
The answer’s here for those searching for a way to connect the Epson printer to Wi-Fi without a screen. Adhere to this set of instructions to know what you can do.
- Press the ‘i’ labeled button. You will notice it on your printer.
- Press the ‘WiFi’ button.
- The lights will begin to flicker, indicating that the internet connection is beginning to get established.
- Now you need to input your ID and passcode.
- It is a WiFi direct connection that would be drawn upon your printing device.
- Initialize it and perform some test runs to check the proper working of your printing device.
What To Do When Your Epson Printer Does Not Connect to Wi-Fi?
Epson printer not connecting to wifi is a common problem. You can do the following to resolve this problem.
Reset the WLAN settings
If you find that your Epson printer does not connect to the Wi-Fi network even after resetting the Wi-Fi network password, the printer may be trying to reconnect to the Wi-Fi network with the old password. Do the following.
- Open your Epson device.
- Press the button setup.
- Press the ‘Restore default settings option.
- Now, press the ‘Reset network settings, and on the prompt window, tap ‘Yes.’
- After completing the network reset process, go to the home screen and try reconnecting the printer to the Wi-Fi.
Reset the Wi-Fi profile
Another way to troubleshoot the problem of the Epson printer not connecting to Wi-fi is to update the Wi-Fi profile. Follow these guidelines.
- Sign in to the router dashboard on your system.
- Tap on the ‘Channel and SSID.’
- Remove the present Wi-Fi name and write the new name.
- Change the name of Wi-Fi for the 5GHZ network.
- Press ‘Apply changes’ to save changes in the router.
- Press the options of ‘Security’ below the ‘SSID’ option and Wi-Fi channel.
- Choose the ‘WEP 64 bit’ as the security model. The next step is checking the ‘enable Passphrase.’
- Input the passphrase that you want and then press ‘Generate.’
- Write down the key you see. It is your Wi-Fi password.
- Repeat the same method to produce the password for the 5GHZ network.
- Lastly, hit ‘Apply changes to save the new password in the router.
Now you know how to connect the Epson printer to Wi-Fi on your Mac using the setup utility app. If you’re a Windows user, you can connect the printer to Wi-Fi through the Wi-Fi setup wizard. Ensure that your Wi-Fi name and password are accurate to eliminate any problem of the printer not connecting to the Wi-Fi. For any other assistance, don’t hesitate in seeking Epson customer support service.