Special attention should be paid to security when it comes to online accounts. Hackers want to get Yahoo Mail login information to perform various cybercrimes. One of the most effective ways to protect yourself is to update your password regularly or call it changing the Yahoo mail password.
For users facing issues in changing the password, there are key steps to know and perform the activity. After reading the guide in this web blog, you can easily do Yahoo mail change password.
Reasons To Perform Yahoo mail change password
If someone who is not a traditional attacker can access a Yahoo account, and in this case, users might look forward to how to change my Yahoo password?
- Suppose you share your Netflix login information with the original user. Change the password to prevent the original user from using the account permanently. Suppose someone near you accesses your email or Facebook password and uses your password to spy on you.
- Changing your password primarily prevents sharing and snooping of this type of account, but it does not prevent it from being accessible to anyone on the other side of the world.
- Periodic password changes may be useful on some working systems but should be used with caution.
Users simply start using weak passwords, write down passwords, and switch between two preferred passwords. Hence, it is important to do an effective Yahoo mail change password.
When should you change Yahoo password?
It’s of course good to change your password for a particular event. It was vulnerable to Heartbleed, but it is now recommended to change the password on the patched website.
- It’s also a good idea to change your password after your website’s password database has been stolen.
- If you are reusing passwords for different websites, it is recommended that you change the passwords for all those websites if any of those websites are compromised.
Yahoo Mail Change Password for Mobile Application
The Yahoo user might not be aware of the newly introduced Yahoo mobile application and its way to change the password. To maintain the exclusive level of security, it’s best to change the passwords for the Yahoo account.
Changing the Yahoo mail password every few months is a way to keep your account safe. That way, you can keep your personal information up-to-date with minimal risk. Adhering to the steps below will simply assist and learn how to change Yahoo password and ultimately protect your personal information as well as your Yahoo account.
- Sign in to your Yahoo account security page in the same way you did.
- Select the Account Information
- Select The Account Security
- Click on Change Password.
- Enter the unique password two times and ultimately click next to change the Yahoo mail password.
- Password Changed Successfully
Ensure your password is secure and hard to guess. Using the word “password” or using a birthday is too easy and makes you more likely to be hacked. This is because most people tend to use the same trick to keep their passwords. If you need to improve password security, check out some tips on how to create good passwords.
How To Change Yahoo Password on Yahoo Mail Using Mobile App Method?
- The step is simple and easy for the users. Follow the following tips and learn how to Yahoo email password.
- Depending on the mobile app you are using, select a profile in the upper left corner or select a menu icon that looks like the three lines overlap.
- Select your account information. Select manage account.
- Select Security Settings.
- Enter your phone security code.
- Select Change Password.
- Select I want to change my password.
- Enter the new password twice to confirm and select Next.
Following the way, the password for your Yahoo account on the mobile application will now be set.
Instead of relying on your memory to remember your new password, it’s a good idea to keep a record of your password in your password manager. That way, if you forget your new password, you won’t have to keep guessing your password to log in, you’ll be locked out of your account, you can fix re-entry issues, or you can recreate a completely new password. You can avoid doing this.
Additional Key Tips To do Yahoo Mail Change Password
To change my Yahoo password, I initially start with signing into the Yahoo mail account first. In case I am using the mobile application I go to the setting. Similarly, you must try and follow the steps that were effective for me.
First, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account using your web browser. Follow these steps. After signing in to your account.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Yahoo window to access your Yahoo account settings.
- Go to your account information.
- Open the security page for your Yahoo account and enter your current password.
- Select Change Password. Further, you are advised to create a new password for your account.
- You will be prompted to enter it twice. Click Next to save your changes.
How Can I recover my Yahoo Mail Password?
Once you are aware of how to change your Yahoo mail password, you might need to add additional information for yourself. This will bring additional information and help you recover the password in case of any issues.
If you don’t have access to your Yahoo Mail account, you can simply reset your Yahoo Mail password to sign back into your Yahoo Mail account.
The steps required to change your Yahoo Mail password and regain access to your Yahoo account are described below.
How To recover a Yahoo Mail password with a Phone Number?
This option allows you to restore your Yahoo Mail account if you specify a recovery phone number for your account.
Follow these steps to continue recovery.
- Go to //login.yahoo.com/forgot.
- Enter your Yahoo email address
- Further click on Next to proceed for account recovery.
- Select the phone number method and click Yes, please send me your account key by SMS.
- Yahoo will send a text message containing your account key to your registered phone number within minutes. Enter the account key and then click on Confirm.
- Enter your new password and repeat in the second field.
- Click Next to save your changes.
Following the above ways, I was able to change my Yahoo password and now I can access my account again.
How can I recover my Yahoo Mail password with My second Email Address?
Another way to recover your Yahoo Mail account requires that your account have a recovery email address. To change your Yahoo Mail password without signing in, follow these steps:
- Go to //login.yahoo.com/forgot. Further, you need to enter the Yahoo email you are using
- Click Next.
- Then click “Yes, please send me your account key” and you will receive a code to verify your identity.
- Enter the account key you received at another email address.
- Click Review.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
- Finally, click Next and you will be able to save the new password to further use it.
How Can Two-Step Verification Improve Security?
Changing your Yahoo Mail password from time to time will help protect your account. Another thing you can do to make it even more secure is to enable two-factor authentication for your Yahoo mail account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Account Security.
- Then click the toggle button to enable the option and do a two-step validation.
- Please enter your phone number.
- Choose the verification method that suits you. You will have the option to select either “Call” or “Send SMS” for the verification.
- Enter the unique security code you have received and click Confirm to enhance security using two-step verification.
Getting aware of Yahoo mail change password is simple, yet you can come across further issues while following the steps. This can be due to any reason. The situation can or cannot occur, still keeping yourself on the safer side is important. Hence, it is advised to get access to the best Yahoo customer support. The assistance from an expert and professional executive will help in getting rid of the hindrances.